- Development boards
- Prototype boards
- FTDI modules
- Signal generators
- PC modding
- RS232 (COM port) to UART modules
V2DIP1-48 module is designed to allow rapid development of designs using the VNC2-48 IC. The V2DIP1-48 is supplied as a PCB designed to fit into a 24 pin 0.6” wide 0.1” pitch DIP socket.The module provides access to the UART, parallel FIFO, and SPI interface pins of the VNC2-48 device, via onboard header pins. The module has a single USB port which is accessible via the onboard type A USB connector.
The VNC2 is the second of FTDI’s Vinculum family of Embedded dual USB host controller devices. The VNC2 device provides USB Host interfacing capability for a variety of different USB device classes including support for BOMS (bulk only mass storage), Printer, HID (human interface devices). For mass storage devices such as USB Flash drives, VNC2 also transparently handles the FAT file structure.
Communication with non USB devices such as a low cost microcontroller is accomplished via either UART, SPI or parallel FIFO interfaces. The VNC2 provides a new cost effective solution for providing USB Host capability into products that previously did not have the hardware resources available.
The VNC2 supports the capability to enable customers to develop custom firmware using the Vinculum II development software tool suite. The development tools support compiler, linker and debugger tools complete within an integrated development environment (IDE).
- Uses FTDI’s VNC2-48 embedded USB host controller IC device
- Single USB ‘A’ type socket to interface with USB peripheral devices
- Connnection to a second USB interface port available via module I/O pins if required.
- Jumper selectable UART, parallel FIFO or SPI MCU interfaces
- UART, parallel FIFO and SPI interfaces can be programmed to a choice of available I/O pins
- Single 5V supply input from DIL connectors or 5V supplied via USB VBUS slave interface or debugger module.
- All VNC2 signals available on 0.6” wide, 0.1” pitch DIL male connectors.
- Auxiliary 3.3 V / 200 mA power output to external logic.
- Power and traffic indicator LED’s
- Debugger interface pin available via 6 way male header which interfaces to separate debugger module.
- Firmware upgrades via UART or debugger interface. FOC software development supported through Vinculum software development tool suite IDe consisting integrated compiler, linker, and debugger capabilities
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: